LL-L "Language policies" 2003.11.13 (03) [E/Portuguese]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Nov 13 15:37:21 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 13.NOV.2003 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: sam claire <samclaire at mybluelight.com>
Subject: LL-L Irish first

Criostoir:I am an English Firster in the U.S.A. but would be and Irish
Firster in Ireland.  I feel a similar irritation when there are stupid
complaints here that we do not do enough language-wise for immigrants.
Ironically, English still is not "legally" our official language.       Sam

----------

From: Francisco Fava <francisc at seta-sa.com.br>
Subject: LL-L "Language policies" 2003.11.12 (03) [E]

Hi
I 'm new on the list. I do like languages and have special interest and
curiosity on irish and gaelic languages, though I've never been in Ireland.
In my oppinion it's sad to hear that, I link always the language to the
tradition and the "heart" of a nation...
Hope Irish can stand!
Cheers
Francesco

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Language policies

Olá, Francisco/Francesco!

Thanks for making your forum debut after your first month on the List, and
thanks also for making sure your posting submission is correct.  It is good
to have you on board, and it is nice to see you care about the survival of
"minor" languages.

Em nome de todos os membros, consideração amigável a você e a todos os
outros amigos Brasileiros na lista Lowlands-L!

Rein