LL-L "Resources" 2003.11.13 (08) [E/Portuguese]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Nov 14 01:02:16 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 13.NOV.2003 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Reynaldo Castro <damy_castro at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Congratulations and apologies

Dear Lowlanders

First of all I'd like to greet my good friend Reinhard (Ron) F. Hahn and
Mathieu 'Superman' van Woerkom and give them a big congratulations for the
great job to keep LL-L and LL-L Talk growing constantly. I'm also glad to
know I've contributed with a tiny part of this great project and I take this
letter (though I should stick with only one subject..) to apologise, to Ron
and LL-Talk, for this long period with no contact at all.

I finally got back my own internet connection and this makes things much
more confortable and I'll be glad to be sending the last translations to
complete the Portuguese and Spanish versions of Lowlands-L Talk. *Spanish
speakers, I promise that my castellano isn't Portuñol...

I'll also try to cope with the growing (congrats!) flow of messages coming
from LL-L (I'm sure that it's been growing since I joined the list) and I'll
come up with some silly queries once in a while...

I'll be soon celebrating my 1st 'Lowlands' anniversary: )

Veel succes & guidwill to all of you (us!)

*Aos que falam português:

 Caros amigos - por favor visitem o projeto Lowlands Talk
www.lowlands-l.net/talk e confiram a versão em língua portuguesa. Gostaria
de saber a opinião de vocês quanto às traduções. Estou aberto a qualquer
sugestão. Muito obrigado. Um grande abraço (*beijinhos* como se diz na terra
de Cabral..)

Reynaldo Pimentel Damy Castro

Santos, Brazil

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Resources

Oi, Rey, Reynldo,Reynaldinho! Que surpresa esplêndida "vê"-ti outra vez!  :)

It's great to see all our "puppies" (some of them terriers nipping at my
heals -- bless their hearts) returning to the Lowlands nest.  Our Roman
(Laryushkin), too, just reemerged after changing country.  (Good luck to
him!)  Oh, and there's a new member of the Lowlands _Sturm-und-Drang_ Gang:
Kenneth Rohde Christiansen of Denmark.  (Ele é um rapaz amável também, Rey.)
And, while I'm at it, let me also say a big thank-you to our Mathieu (van
Woerkom, Netherlands) and Sandy (Fleming, Scotland > England) for all their
assistance, advice and support behind the scenes.  And, of course, there are
all our other friends that contribute(d) to the "Lowlands Talk" effort
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/talk/).  I love you guys.

Yes, our "Lowlands Talk" effort could do with some revitalization.  So, any
assistance would be welcome.  Just write to me at sassisch at yahoo.com.

Thanks, everyone!  E um grande abraço de mim também, Rey!