LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.11.25 (01) [E]

R.F. Hahn lowlands-l at LOWLANDS-L.NET
Tue Nov 25 20:10:41 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 25.NOV.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Something must be wrong with our mailing service.  I have been unable to
send out postings so far and am now resorting to trying to send this issue
via the web interface.

Since my last administrative message we have been joined by a number of
people from all over the globe.  On behalf of the List, welcome to them all!
At the end of this message you will find a list of their places of
residence.

I noticed with pleasure that there is a growing number of subscribers from
India, recently also from Southern India, as well as from Ukraine and
Siberia.  A special welcome to them on behalf of the entire List.

I ask all of you, including those of you who have been with us for a while,
to make sure you are familiar with our rules and guidelines
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/index.php?page=rules).  Some of you who are not
novices keep making mistakes by not quoting properly and not sticking to
given subject lines in their posting submissions.

If you expect to be away from your email account for a while, you are
welcome to write to me at this address and ask to be put on vacation mode.
This means that no LL-L will arive at your account for the duration.  It
would be best if you told me the beginning and end dates of your absence.
Alternatively, please contact me after your return, and I will put your
subscription back into normal mode.

Digest mode is available also.  In this mode, several issues are
periodically sent out bundled, which cuts down on frequency, not on volume.

As we approach a part of the year that for many of us is marked by major
holidays, I wish you and your loved ones many happy hours in togetherness.

Friendly regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Administrator, Lowlands-L
http://www.lowlands-l.net

***

Places of Residence of New Lowlanders since November 13, 2003:

     France:
        Nord:
           Rijssel/Lille
     Germany: