LL-L "Language varieties" 2003.11.29 [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Nov 29 20:38:31 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 29.November.2003 * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * sassisch at yahoo.com
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Jannie Lawn <jannie.lawn at ntlworld.com>
Subject: Language varieties

Hai Ron
Found this on the BBC internet site.  In view of the recent discussions about
language survival, I thought you might find it interesting, although I am aware that
it isn't a Lowlands language. I haven't done this before, so I don't know if I have
to copy and paste the page or just send this message and the article will go
automatically.  We'll see.
Groeten, Jannie

** Canary island whistles again **
A means of communication using whistling is being revived after nearly vanishing
from the one island on which it is used.
< http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/world/europe/3241128.stm >