LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.10.14 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Oct 14 16:41:46 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 14.OCT.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

There appear to be technical problems with our mail server (apparently not
with the list server).  So far it looks as though we can send mail but
cannot receive any.  I apologize and hope that this will be fixed soon and
that mailings that are not getting through are merely backed up and will
arrive as soon as the problem is fixed.  At any rate, I suggest you keep
copies of your submissions in case you need to resend them.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mathieu van Woerkom for
having taken over while I was out of town.

Since my last administrative message we have been joined by several people.
Welcome to all of them.  You will find a list of their places below.  If you
do not find your place mentioned, I apologize and ask you to notify me.

I am gratified to be able to welcome a growing number of folks from
Arabic-speaking countries and also from Iran.  !السلام عل٠كم ('Alsalâmu
`aleykum!)  In fact, it is great to see so many people joining us from
places other than Europe and North America.  You are all very welcome.

Everyone, new Lowlanders and established ones, please make sure that you are
familiar with our rules and guidelines
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/index.php?page=rules).  Some of you who have been
with us for a while still keep making basic mistakes, such as not saying
whom you quote, not editing quotes, not providing your whole names with
postings, and making up new subject titles when you should stick to
established ones.

Thank you all for your cooperation and continued support!

Regards,
__________
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Administrator, Lowlands-L
http://www.lowlands-l.net

***

New Lowlanders (since September 24, 2003):

Australia:
   Victoria:
      Melbourne [1]
Belgium: