LL-L "Delectables" 2003.10.17 (09) [E/S]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Oct 17 20:59:21 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 17.OCT.2003 (09) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Anja Meyfarth <anja-meyfarth at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2003.10.16 (13) [E]

Moin Lowlanders!

> Here, now, is the recipe for Americans. I usually make a double or triple
> batch.

I've got a different one:

100 g butter
100 g sugar
20 g vanilin sugar (for Germans: 1 Tütchen)
2 eggs
1 pinch of salt
3 table spoons milk
1 package powder for vanillepudding (enough for 0,5 l milk)
250 g flour
3 table spoons baking powder
 powdersugar

Stir butter, sugar and vanilinsugar until foamy. Add eggs, salt and the
puddingpowder (mixed with the milk). Blend the flour with the baking powder
and add slowly to the mixture. The dough has to be very firm. Set parts of
the dough on a buttered plate with the help of two spoons and bake and 190°
C for about 15 min.
Blend the powdersugar with 2-3 table spoons hot water and spread it on the
flat side of the "Amerikaner".

Bon appetit!

Anja

----------

From: Global Moose Translations <globalmoose at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2003.10.17 (07) [E]

Luc, the recipe I posted was for "Amerikaner", not "Berliner". That's why
yours was so different...

Ron, what kind of a Hanseat are you? There's no rum in your recipe! Also,
I've never seen pink icing on "Amerikaner" in my life.

Oh, wait, don't answer, I get it. You're the kind of Hanseat who drinks the
rum straight from the bottle while eating the cookies, because everything
else would be a shameful waste... :-)

Gabriele Kahn