LL-L "History" 2003.10.24 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Oct 24 15:01:10 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 24.OCT.2003 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Theo Homan <theohoman at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2003.10.23 (04) [E]

> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Etymology
[...]
> Also, remember that much or most of the coast of
> what are now the
> Netherlands and Belgium used to be Frisian-speaking.

[...]

Hi,

Sorry to interrupt. But how do you know? Any
archaeological findings in this region?
The only thing we know is the Roman who wrote that at
the coast 'Frissi' were living.

{And who are the 'Fresani' a Roman spoke about?}

vr.gr.
Theo Homan