LL-L "History" 2003.10.27 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Oct 27 17:27:41 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 27.OCT.2003 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Peter Snepvangers <snepvangers at optushome.com.au>
Subject: History

***
From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Theo (Homan):
Sorry to interrupt. But how do you know? Any archaeological findings in this
region?

Apparently this is passed-down information beginning with Roman sources.
That Saxons harrassed the coast of Gaul about the same time or beginning
even a little before they harrassed the coast of Britain is considered well
established.  The claim that they settled in Gaul is still being debated.

***

Ron and Theo,
I did a search on the Roman Britain web site for Saxon Shore Forts to
assist.

http://www.roman-britain.org/places/portus_lemanis.htm

http://www.roman-britain.org/places/anderitum.htm

http://www.roman-britain.org/places/rutupiae.htm