LL-L "Names" 2003.09.09 (16) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Sep 9 22:12:47 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 09.SEP.2003 (16) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann <Fieteding at gmx.net>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2003.09.09 (07) [E]

Hi, Luc,

You wrote:

> From: burgdal32admin <burgdal32 at pandora.be>
> Subject: LL-L "Names" 2003.09.09 (02) [E]
>
> Hi Peter
> The "ding" was something like a parliament in the old days. So
> "Dingeman(s)" was a member of that parliament.

So I think, though being in an opposite meaning to EVEN Ron.

The place I am living at is named "Dingwoerden". I guess it meaning a great
wharf (still to see) where in former times the (Old Day's): "thing" was
celebrated.
But- I'm not sure at all!

Grötjes

Fiete.