LL-L "Orthography" 2003.09.27 (01) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Sep 27 19:19:00 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 27.SEP.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: jpkrause <jpkrause at weblink2000.net>
Subject: LOWLANDS-L Digest - 24 Sep 2003 to 25 Sep 2003 (#2003-248)

> "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people
> dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and
> assume among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to
> which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent
respect
> to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes
> which impel them to the separation."
>
> "Wen in dhe Kors uv húmen events, it bekums nesesarí for wun pípel tú
dizolv
> dhe politikel bands witsh hav konekted dhem with anudher, and tú asúm
amung
> dhe Pauers uv dhe erth, dhe sepret and íkwel stäshen tú witsh dhe Lås
uv
> Nätsher and uv Nätsher's God entaitel dhem, a dísent ríspekt tú dhe
opinyens
> uv mankaind rekwairs dhat dhei shüd deklér dhe kåzes witsh impel dhem
tú dhe
> separäshen."
>
> I would recommend a change — "Hwen" instead of "Wen", "Hwitsh" instead
of
> "Witsh". There are other changes I thought of, too, but I can't remember
> them presently.

Interesting.  How about this instead?
"When in de koars ov human events it bekomms nessessarie for wun piepel too
disolv de politikal bands witsch hav konneckted dem wid anodder and too
asoom among de Pauers ov de Erd de seperat and ekwal steyschon too witsch
the laws ov neytscher and ov neytscher's Godd enteitel dem a diesent respekt
too de opinions ov mannkeind rekweirs dat dey schudd dekleyr de kosses
witsch impel dem too de sepereyschon."

Na nu, daut's vedietschet Enjelsch, nich woa?  Daut kjleene Schreft Oppgow
haft väl Spos.

Trans:  "Well now, that's Germainzed English isn't it?  That little writing
exersize was a lot of fun."

Jim Krause, or should I sign myself Jakob Krüse?