LL-L "Phonology" 2004.08.19 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Aug 19 16:58:13 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 19.AUG.2004 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Brooks, Mark <mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us>
Subject: LL-L "Phonology" 2004.08.19 (03) [E]

D.M. Pennington wrote:
"Hur over thur wi' the fur hur is me wahf!"

I have two CDs by George Harrison in which he pronounces the word "hair" as
I would pronounce the feminine possessive pronoun - her.  I'm not sure, but
I thought all the Beatles were from Liverpool.  Is "hur" for hair
characteristic of Liverpudlian?