LL-L "Traditions" 2004.12.11 (05) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Dec 11 22:59:52 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 11.DEC.2004 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at worldonline.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2004.12.11 (03) [LS]

die raven as Zwarte Pieten en et peerd Sleipnir as de schimmel. Wel een
mooie
theorie... bestiet die al langer of hej dat zölf uut-edokterd?

Hi Arend. I didn't know that at all, Sinterklaas originally being the old
Germanic god Wodan,
the Zwarte Piets being two ravens called Hugin and Munin, and his grey horse
actually being
Sleipnir. Nice theorie... did it already exist or did you figure that out
yourself?
*Ingmar