LL-L "Language policies" 2004.12.21 (09) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Dec 22 01:16:17 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 21.DEC.2004 (09) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Tom Carty <cartyweb at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language policies" 2004.12.19 (03) [E]

West slavonic languages as far east as Serbia and the Ukraine have a high
rate of German loan words due to colonisation in the 17th and 18th
centuries.

That was why Hitler was so keen to take the bread basket of europe, and
integrate these isolated German peoples into a greater germany.

Incidently, in the Banat region of Serbia, all the Germans have 'gone home'
since wold war 2. You can read into that what you like!

They built the modern town of Vrsac (German Quarter) which was once a free
city, and only after pressure did German Vrsac and Serbian Vrsac (a turkish
achitechtural section) merge as one city.

See picture of Vrsac on poetry book cover on my website
http://www.toc.pro.ie : its not clear, but it makes a nice photo!

Tomas O' Carthaigh.