LL-L "Orthography" 2004.07.05 (03) [A/E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Jul 5 19:02:34 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 05.JUL.2004 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com>
Subject: How open source can help us.

Hi there!

--
I like it! It looks almost exactly like the orthography I devised
myself. Probably because I used the same stuff as basis. Only difference

We use u for lax german u and for the ó (used in the Groninger
spelling) sound in dialects where u has turned into ó and is still
different from ò [O] and o.
We use ü for Dutch lax u.

--
I'm going to look into your ANS, and see if I can adopt it, i.e. whether
it fits my Saxon dialect. I think I will, because it seems like it's 90%

Sounds good :-)

--
Wat kan ik doon? Muet ik wat schryven? Kan ik wat bydreagen? Tyd het ik
wal, daet is geyn probleem.

--
Eyrstmaal kunst 'n vertellen vun "Dey Tuunkrüyper" schryven. Up dey wys'
warst künnig, wouans dat mit düsse schryvwys' is, of sey vör Dyn dialekt tou

Misscheyn kinst ook eyn mp3- of wav-bestand maken? It probleem mit
schryvwysen binnen vaak dey allofonen - lütje verschillen dat minschen
geern schyven willen.

--
Den gift 't 'n barg annere saken, un daar hett upstünds us Kenneth dat
seggen. (Dey junge snösel is dey motoor vun dat projekt un dey terrier, dey

En dat dinkst? :P hahah

--
deyrt [dE.I3t] ~ [di:3t] 'animal'*
peyrd [pE.I3t] ~ [pi:3t] 'horse'*

* In some dialects, like those of the Lower Elbe region, diphthongs before
/r/ surface as high monophthongs.
--

en dat willen wy leiver neit in dey schyvwyse sein laden as it mögelk
is dat neit te doun.

We need to show the important differences between the dialects and not
the smaller ones. We need to unite the spelling and make it work for
most of the dialects - of course with out making it too difficult to
use. This is very important at least if we want to translate computer
software into Low Saxon.