LL-L "Holidays" 2004.06.19 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Jun 19 23:14:17 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 19.JUN.2004 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Holidays

Dear Lowlanders,

Happy Father's Day tomorrow (June 20) to our subscribers in or from Canada,
Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States!  I
hope I haven't forgotten any countries, and sorry I was a week ahead in my
mind last time.

On Monday (June 21), happy Midsummer (Summer Solstice) to everyone in the
Northern Hemisphere, and happy Midwinter (Winter Solstice) in the Southern
Hemisphere!  This means Alban Heruin and Litha for those in the North, Alban
Arthuan and Yule in the South, as well as the beginning of Bjelyje noči
(Белые ночи "White Nights") for our Russian subscribers.

Furthermore, it will be the national day of our friends in Kalaallit Nunaat
(Greenland) who will also hopefully enjoy the longest night of the year.
Inuugujoq, kutta!

   Nangmineq erinllik
   nunarput, utorqarssuángoravit
   ni ar qutuligsimavoq qînik!
   qîtornatit kivssumiáinarpatit,
   tunivdlugitsineriavit pînik!

   Our land
   Which has now grown so old -
   Your head is crowned with white -
   Have held us, your children, to your breasts,
   Providing the treasures of your coasts.

          (National anthem, 1st verse)

Regards,

Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn