LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.05.24 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon May 24 12:26:13 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 24.May.2004 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * sassisch at yahoo.com
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

Van: "Szelog, Mike" <Mike.Szelog at citizensbank.com>
Onderwerp: Language varieties

Thanks Dan,

I guess I was just wondering if there was one dialect/variety that "sounded"
closer to English than the rest. They all developed pretty much the same,
but to me, North Frisian "sounds" (not a very scientific way to describe it)
closer to English than West Frisian. I was wondering if there was a
particular variety of N. Frisian that "sounded" a bit closer to English than
the others. I'm thinking maybe Öömrang, (with it's "gud dai" for example)
but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Mike S
Manchester, NH - USA