LL-L "Introduction" 2004.09.06 (10) [E/LS/Spanish]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Sep 7 03:08:44 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 06.SEP.2004 (10) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Edwin Castellanos <eacastel at GAPAC.COM>>
Subject: LL-L "Introduction" 2004.09.06 (08) [E/Spanish]

Hello everybody,

José Luis, I don´t know why your name sounds familiar to me... ´but i feel
exactly the same than you regarding english...

My name is Edwin Castellanos, from Chihuahua Mexico... I´m 25 and I just
married to a Menonnite girl, as you know, mennonites speak Low German (Low
Saxon) so I´m very interested in learning this language to teach my
children (eventually) to love their roots, I would like my children to
speak their mother´s language and their father´s one. Beside this, the most
of my wife´s family only speak Low German so I think it is important to me
being able to communicate to them somehow.

Now, my wife speaks Low German, High German, English and Spanish, but she
learned them only hearing, so she doesn´t know much about grammar or
written low german, etc. This way makes hard to her to teach me taking in
account that I´m used to learn reading and not hearing.

I hope Somehow this group can help me (and my new family) to be a better
speaker.

Thank you a lot.

Edwin Castellanos

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Introduction

¡Hola!, Edwin!  ¡Bienvenidos a usted también!

Aquí podemos "hablar" "Plautdietsch" también. Pero nuestros amigos
mennonitos están por lo visto actualmente dormidos o prefieren "escuchar".

Hia kjenne wie uk Plautdietsch "räde".  Mau onse mennische Friend senne
vemutlich en Uagenblekj aum Schlope, oda see welle lewa "tooheare".

We can "talk" in "Plautdietsch" here too. But our Mennonite friends seem to
be asleep or prefer "listening" these days.

Oppwake, Lied!

Regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Founder & Administrator, Lowlands