LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.09.15 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Sep 15 18:40:36 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 15.SEP.2004 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Bill Wigham <redbilly2 at earthlink.net>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.09.13 (10) [E]

Re: LL-L Language Varieties
Fries Mogation
Bill Wigham

    Since no one seems to have any documentation for the disappearance and
reappearance of the Frieslanders
may I throw in my own guess?  If indeed the West Frieslanders were evicted
by stronger (and ruder) neighbors, in coalition with Good King Etzel, who's
to say their former holdings were not taken over by East or even North
Friesians?
It all conjecture isn't it?  People who can't write should not complain if
others screw up their history.
Cheers,
Bill