LL-L "Slavonic connections" 2004.09.29 (07) [D/E/S]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Sep 29 18:15:03 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 29.SEP.2004 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at worldonline.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Slavonic connections" 2004.09.28 (12) [E]

Thanks Reindert! I couldn't recall the name of Luneburger Slavonivic, but
now remember this Polabian again.
I even made a photocopy of a Polabian vocabulary that I found at the
university library about ten years ago
when I studied cultural anthropology in Utrecht, I'll see if I can find it
somewhere. I read a lot about Cashubian
and Sorbian too, as well as Baltic Prussian, I was interested in the
German(ic) and Saxon influence on these
languages especially. As you may guess from my Middelsprake, I like to
construct or invent naturalistic, and
"linguistically right" languages. In that time I also invented an originally
Slavonic language, spoken on an island
somewhere between Poland and Sweden, that was heavily influenced by Swedish,
Danish and Low German.
It had Scandinavian features but was still Slavonic. And did you know that,
like Romance Interlingua and
Germanic Middelsprake there is an Interslavonic common languages, called
Slovio, that seems to be comprehensible
by speakers of Russian, Polish, Serbian, Czech, Bulgaric etc? Ingmar

----------

From: Helge Tietz <helgetietz at yahoo.com>

Moin-moin, Lowlanders,

A good indication of historical Slavonic population are place names in those
areas mentioned by Reinhard, Eastern Holsten is certainly full of Slavonic
place names such as Eutin, Ploen etc., even Luebeck is of Slavonic origion
(Lubice), the most Western one is apparantly little Marutendoerp on the
Westensee, district of Rendsborg-Eggernfoer, nevertheless there are place
names in Angeln and further north into Soenderjylland which indicate
Slavonic population as well such as Windeby near Eggernfoer. On the island
of Lolland (DK) there are two villages called Kramnitse and Tilitse, I am
not sure whether they are of Slavonic origion though it sounds like it.
Perhaps anyone knows more about Slavonic place names in Denmark. It would be
interesting to get to know more about there history.

Helge