LL-L "Slavonic connections" 2004.09.30 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Sep 30 16:38:59 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 30.SEP.2004 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: wim <wkv at home.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Slavonic connections" 2004.09.29 (09) [E]

from wkv at home.nl    netherlands
Hi,
i have a question,

how many of these germanic words in polish got there  through yiddish?

wim. verdoold

----------

From: Mike <botas at club-internet.fr>

Hi all,
Ron you wrote:
"By the way, let's be accurate and fair: those regions of what is now
Eastern
Germany and Northern Poland used to be inhabited by other people before the
arrival of the Slavs from the Balkans."
Ron what made you insert the word "fair" here?
Cheers, Mike Wintzer