LL-L "Games" 2005.04.22 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Apr 22 20:01:19 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 22.APR.2005 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Clarkedavid8 at aol.com <Clarkedavid8 at aol.com>
Subject: LL-L "Games" 2005.04.22 (01) [E]

It is seen in Dutch and Flemish paintings, but it used to be found all over
Europe, like the bagpipes. Neither are specifically Scottish or specifically
Flemish, as far as I am aware.

david clarke

---------

From: Ben Bloomgren <ben.bloomgren at asu.edu>

Tom, I have heard somewhere that they have paintings of a game like golf in
China in the thirteenth century Anno Domini.