LL-L "Delectables" 2005.04.27 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Apr 27 15:24:38 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 27.APR.2005 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Tom Mc Rae <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2005.04.26 (06) [E]

On 27/04/2005, at 5:56 AM, Thomas Byro <greenherring at gmail.com>
  wrote:

> I remember encountering horseradish
> occasionally in my lowlands childhood but it was not an important item
> in my family.  There are cultures though where large quantitities of
> horseradish are consumed

Hi Thomas et al,
horse radish sauce is a standard accompaniment to roast beef in the
British Isles and in Australia.
Seldom prepared from scratch alas it is usually a commercial product.
A very hot Japanese horse radish (Daikyo ?) sauce is now appearing in
sushi restaurants. My first wife thought it was avocado based guacamole
and ended in convulsions. Be warned.
Regards
Tom Mc Rae
Brisbane Australia