LL-L "Delectables" 2005.04.28 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Apr 28 15:28:43 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 28.APR.2005 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Dave Singleton <davidsin at pt.lu>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2005.04.27 () [E]

Hello Roger,

Could this be the same sort of thing as Onion Bhaji from Indian
restaurants in UK/Europe ?

Dave Singleton

----------

From: Larry Granberg <nibwit at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2005.04.28 (01) [E]

Hey,
Well you don't have to go to the Oriental market anymore, there is an
American grower,who according to an old Wall Street Journal article, used to
export most of his product TO Japan.
Great, fantastic, four Kleenex stuff.

Don't mean to plug anyone but it IS that good.

http://www.freshwasabi.com/

Wasabi smashed potatoes, wasabi infused greens that you just have to mop up
the pot likker with cornbread (come to think of it wasabi and chili
cornbread is pretty good too), green corn and wasabi tamales. Yum.

§Ron§ yup had poke, and the like, don't forget W.PA. cooking is just like
W.VA. and VA. cooking. Just under a different flag s'all.  After having
hoofed around Europe here for a while,  it seems to me that most blue collar
peoples of whatever nationality share pretty much the same way about doing
things. Not a true vegetarian, still eat meat Ron. However, being Orthodox
Christian and follow the different fasts, you do learn to eat and be
creative about cooking vegetarian/vegan. Might be a little baaaaaaaaa-d of
me, getting a little wooly and going out on a lamb, but really looking
forward to Easter this weekend.
Larry,
Sometimes Vegan, but always a Chili-horseradish-wasabi head.