LL-L "Resources" 2005.04.28 (13) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Apr 29 03:13:18 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 28.APR.2005 (13) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Tom Mc Rae <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>
Subject: Culture

Some of you may find this new website developed by 'The Scotsman' of
interest.

This month scotsman.com introduced a website that is a direct response to
your feedback. It offers our global readership a living, breathing picture
of Scotland's history. The site includes a range of categories - Great
Scots, Historic Places, Traditions & Culture, and the already popular Myths
& Mysteries.
Take a minute (or several minutes) to look at the site. We pull out our
scorebook and rate some of the wilder myths of Scotland. An expert on the
life and times of Bonnie Prince Charlie offers up a colourful and accurate
tale into the many women who touched his life. And the man behind Scotland's
application for World Heritage status of a Roman relic gives us a historic
account of the country's very own "great wall".
Scottish Heritage and Culture presents a daily dose of lively news and
features, interactive maps and video, as well as a robust list of cultural
events in Scotland. This newsletter, distributed free to those who sign up,
is part of that experience. It was delivered to all scotsman.com readers as
our way of saying hello and offering you the opportunity to experience an
online voyage through Scotland's vibrant heritage and culture.

This week we will take you on a tour of Inch Kenneth. The tiny and desolate
western isle was once the home of Unity Mitford, a Nazi sympathiser whose
fascination for Adolf Hitler led to her attempting suicide. We look inside
the former Mitford home where, more than 50 years after her death, the rooms
look eerily the same.
Regards
Tom Mc Rae
Brisbane Australia