LL-L "Technica" 2005.08.23 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Aug 23 01:11:48 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 22.AUG.2005 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html

From: David Barrow <davidab at telefonica.net.pe>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2005.08.23 (04) [E]

>From: David Barrow <davidab at telefonica.net.pe>
>Subject: LL-L Unicode
>
>Ron,
>
>What's up? A number of messages are not coming through in Unicode. I see
>'?'s in place of letters. The letters reappear if I switch to Western.
>
>David
>
>----------
>
>From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
>Subject: Technica
>
>Hi, David!
>
>Sorry.  I'm working on an "alien" machine here in California this morning,
>and this thing has a way of switching itself back to Western (ISO) mode.
>I will try to make it behave.
>
>Regards,
>Reinhard/Ron

Ron,

I use Netscape's email program and I can set the character encoding
separately for individual folders. I haven't found a way of doing this
in Outlook Express

David