LL-L "Folklore" 2005.07.03 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at LOWLANDS-L.NET
Sun Jul 3 21:06:33 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 03.JUL.2005 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html

From: "Global Moose Translations" <globalmoose at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Songs" 2005.07.02 (01) [D/E/LS/S]

Ben Bloomgren wrote:
> "Subversively omnipresent,"
>
> Whoa! You're only human! Only one human attained that, and it wudn't
> subversive!

Of course. I was only quoting Ron... :-)

What human would that be? Burt Bacharach??

Sandy, thanks for the talkin-to. I am sure it is much appreciated by
whomever it may concern. Although I have a bit of a problem trying to
imagine a somewhat larger, hoofed animal up on that wall...

Actually, since we moved back to the country, I have been a bit worried
about my cats. They just love jumping and climbing on fence posts - and,
since the neighbour is running his cows on our pasture, the fence is made of
barbed wire, which is also wrapped around the posts. So far, none of them
got hurt (only I did, twice, for not being circumspect enough). Can't wait
to replace that fence.

Our third cat, a calico (i. e. a black, white and orange "patchwork" cat),
just up and died about three months ago. Our farmer neighbours told us that
calico cats are considered to be "lucky" because they are said to keep away
storms, and especially lightning (I hope this still works with her buried
under a tree...). Is this a belief shared elsewhere?

Gabriele Kahn