LL-L "Technical" 2005.07.19 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Jul 19 23:16:57 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 19.JUL.2005 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Þjóðríkr Þjóðreksson <didimasure at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Technical" 2005.07.06 (10) [E/LS]

>From: "Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc." <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
>Subject: Technical
>
>I get Lowlands messages in terrible formats:
>
> >  Jou'n Översetten sünd un' blievt Översetten van een frömde un'
> > anner
> > Tied,
> > - een Doun, wat dat van Luther or van de oul'n Hebreer's affkoomt. Dat
> > is
> > tohoup künstlichen, 'douden' Kroom, un' nümms kann door recht wat mit
> > anfang'n. Passt amend ne tou Nedderdütsch un' hett mi all argert, as
> > ick
>dat
> > opp Hougdütsch leern müss'.
> > As 'n Scheeper föör sien Schoop passt de Herr opp mi. Mi schall dat an
>nix
> > fehl'n.

>From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
>Subject: Technical
>
>Hi, Roger!
>
>I'd love to remedy whatever it is that is going on, but I honestly do not
>know what you are talking about.
>
>The quoted bit looks fine at this end.

I also have problems namely that diacritical marks never show up... usually
context is clear enough to see whether it's ü or ä or ö or whatever but
maybe he has the same problem...

Diederik Masure

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technical

Folks,

Our editions come in Unicode encoding mode.  To be able to read all
"special" characters, you need to designate "Unicode (UTF-8)" in "Encoding"
(usually under "View"), and you must designate a Unicode font to that view
mode.  (Those of you who have newer systems or software would be best served
to choose the font Arial Unicode, which comes with the largest range of
characters.)