LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.06.19 (03) [A/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Jun 19 20:29:24 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 19.JUN.2005 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.06.18 (04) [E]

Wron Wrote:

>Terrific, aren't they, Ingmar, Elsie's translations?

Terrifyingly Terrific! baie bangmaakdingerig geweldig!

>In desperation I doctored around with some of the soundfiles myself today,
>learned a bit about converting them and reducing their sizes.

You've done well, though, Herr Dokter Hahn!
Quick learner, huh? (NB: I didn't say <savant>)

>By the way, our Jonny has quite the microphone voice, don't you think?
>Very impressive!  I think we should hire him for other projects.

Yes, he'd do excellent as a narrator of fairytales, too.
What is still needed for the A-site is a Standard Dutch soundfile, because
the present version is still the one by Kenneth.
I hope a woman can do that, we already have so much male narrators...
Barbara would do it, she's got a good voice (without an accent) but we
don't have a mike nor know how to do it. Maybe if we could do it somewhere
else, I don't know...

Ingmar