LL-L "Language survival" 2005.03.27 (02) [E

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Mar 27 19:46:46 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 27.JAN.2005 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html

From: STINGRAY64 <stingray at terabolic.net>
Subject: LL-L "Language survival" 2005.03.26 (04) [E]

What I actually wrote was that people on this list were involved in
developing Low Saxon as a written language. If I am mistaken in that, so
be it. However, I did not write one of the purposes or goals of the list
was to develop the language as a written language. If Low Saxon is too
varied to be developed into a standard written language then clearly it is
up to the native speakers to determine how best to communicate and record
the language on paper. The point is that the best way to preserve a
language is to get it written. Unwritten languages die out.

Paul Sweet