LL-L "Etymology" 2005.03.31 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Mar 31 17:52:30 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 31.MAR.2005 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Marsha Alley <marshaalley at msn.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2005.03.31 (03) [E]

So, a pronunciation that sounds like "koo-ghen" might be a logical
extension?  The folks I'm talking to are spelling it kugen, kuchen, and
kutchen.  We're more or less agreed on it being the same dish, but a few of
us got curious why it's spelled differently, and where those differences
might appear geographically.
Marsha