LL-L "Delectables" 2005.05.10 (10) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue May 10 14:28:39 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 10.MAY.2005 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Arthur Jones <arthurobin2002 at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Lexicon" 2005.05.09 (04) [E]

Liobothai Dalaflandarjeis,

I hear an etymological opportunity concerning
open-faced tarts and Vlaams equivalents (i.e.,
_Vlaai_, apparently introduced to the Low Countries
during the wars of the Spanish Succession).

But if we have _tarts_, why do we need Spanish Vlaai?
Just asking.
Arthur

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>