LL-L "Delectables" 2005.05.14 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat May 14 18:06:46 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 14.MAY.2005 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Tom Mc Rae <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2005.05.13 (06) [E/LS]

On 14/05/2005, acqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>at
9:10 AM,  wrote:
  Hi you hungry bunch!

  All this talk about mutton fat, beef suet, tarts and pies reminded me of

  an uncle of mine who touted a mixture of bacon drippings and treacle as

  the ideal "schmear" for toast at breakfast time.

And any of you hungry bunchers who are interested are welcome to contact me
OFFLIST if you'd like a free copy of "Kitchen Alchemy" my Internet Cookbook
in .pdf format. Nothing full of revolting grease but a good range of recipes
ranging from Indian (including curry spice mixes) to chilli based and many
conventional recipes. Just drop me a line and it's yours. I assure you no
mince and tatties recipes are included although they get an adverse mention.

Regards

Tom Mc Rae

Brisbane Australia

Oh Wad Some Power the Giftie Gie Us

Tae See Oorsel's as Ithers See Us

Robert Burns

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Delectables

Ah!  That's really nice of you, Tom.  Sign me up!

Maybe one day we'll compile and display recipes of a Lowlands classic dishes
(both traditional and "cleaned up").  If anyone wants to start on that, by
all means!  Let us know!