LL-L "Literature" 2005.05.16 (03) [D/E/LS/German]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon May 16 21:29:33 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 16.MAY.2005 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Thomas Byro <greenherring at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Literature" 2005.05.15 (01) [E]

I once had a record set produced by Carl Orff entitled Schulwerk fuer
Kinder.  Orff said that traditional childres songs incorporated
beliefs that adults had long since abandoned.  For example, he said
that Eeeny miney miney moe was used by the druids to selct a victim
for human sacrifice. A song about mother Holle( mother Hulda)
reflected previous adult belief in her as a goddess.

Tom Byro

----------

From: Thomas Byro <greenherring at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Literature" 2005.05.15 (12) [E]

My daughter forwarded a song that she and her friends sang when they
were in elementary school in Brooklyn:

We are the Brooklyn Girls
We wear our hair in curls
we wear our dungarees