LL-L "Literature" 2005.11.21 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Nov 21 16:21:45 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 21 November 2005 * Volume 01

From: Sandy Fleming <sandy at scotstext.org>
Subject: LL-L "Literature" 2005.11.20 (04) [E]

> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Literature
>
> Folks,
>
> Arthur Jones shared a couple of his un-Gothesque poems with me, and I
> presume some of you will find them interesting and will enjoy seing
> another facet of our Arthur's personality, including his
> _Galgenhumor_.  Arthur permitted me to pass them on to you.  Please
> find them below.  Hopefully, Arthur won't mind me inserting a dabbled
> German "recreation" after the first one.
>
> Enjoy!
> Reinhard/Ron|
> ***
>
>   The Rendition Song
>   (inspired by Bert Brecht, to be sung to the tune of
>   "While Strolling Through the Park One Day")
>
>   Oh, we've scheduled you to die today,
>   There is nothing you can do or say,
>   We have cancelled all your calls,
>   Picked the place where you will fall,
>   Cleared your desk and sent your adjutant away.
>
> ***
>   German rendition: R. F. Hahn
>
>   Der Übertragungsgesang
>
>   Ach, ja! Für heute haben wir Ihr Sterben angesetzt.
>   Es tut uns leid. Ganz unumgänglich ist die Sache jetzt.
>   Jeder Anruf ist gestrichen, wie man diesem Plan entnimmt,
>   Und auch der Ort des Sterbens ist seit Langem vorbestimmt.
>   Abgeräumt ist Ihr Schreibtisch und Ihr Adjudant versetzt.
>
> ***

I though I'd try this in my own East Lothian dialect of Scots, just to
get a good heavy rhyming effect  :)

Weel, you'r away tae dee the day,
There's no'hing ye can dae or say,
Oo'r cuttin off yer phone, tae,
Picked whaur ye'll faa, the very brae,
Redd yer desk an sent yer adjutant away.

wil ju:r @'we: t@ di: DI de:
DIrz 'nVh=N i kIn de: Cr se:
ur 'kV?=n of ir fo:n te:
pIkt We:r il fQ: DI 'vE:rI bre: