LL-L "Resources" 2005.10.26 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Oct 27 16:36:55 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

27 October 2005 * Volume 01

From: burgdal32admin <burgdal32 at pandora.be>
Subject: LL-L Frans-Vlaanderen

Dear Lowlanders,

I don't know if Frédéric Baert of French-Flanders is still among as , but it
has been quiet a while since we have heard some news of him.
The French-Flemish language is almost at the point of being extinct, but
there are some efforts by people of the region to save the language. It is
important because since the wars of France against Flanders, this part is
still speaking a language of the 17th-18th century.
I have found a website where you can hear some extracts of the Flemish radio
"Uylenspiegel". There are also folksongs  and proverbs to hear in
French-Flemish. Everything is translated in French also. Being the most
southern lowlandlanguage in the "mother-region" i think this website is
worth listening.
http://www.anvt.org/page7_nl.php

Look at Multimedia / radioshows. (Most of the site is still under
construction.)

Groetjes
Luc Vanbrabant
Oekene

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Hi, Luc!

Unfortunately, Frédéric is no longer on the List.

Thanks for drawing our attention to the new resource.  It looks like an
excellent site in the making.  I am copying the Akademie voor Nuuze
Vlaamsche Tale | Institut de la Langue Régionale Flamande on this to let
them know we have taken note of the site.

(I suggest they add references to France in their introduction and certainly
with their address on the contact page, since not everyone in the world
knows that we are dealing with Flemish in France here.)

I listened to some of the sound files.  Nice!  The radio clips are
predominantly in French.  They contain great information about the state of
Flemish in France and various relevant activities.

Let's support efforts to keep the old language and culture alive in French
Flanders!  Hopefully, other interested people from the region will join us.

Again, thanks for pointing out the resource, Luc!

Regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Founder & Administrator, Lowlands-L
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net