LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.09.06 (08) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Sep 7 06:20:18 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 06.SEP.2005 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Lowlanders,

Our Luc Vanbrabant has come through, has resent his sound file of his
(Belgian) version of the Standard Dutch translation.  I have processed and
posted it.

Nice!  Now Luc will get some intensive electronic petting, like Ingmar's
Barbara did before for her Netherlands rendition.

So, both versions are now sitting happily together on one page, and I love
both of them.  More! More!

Unfortunately quite a bit of the clarity and detail gets lost in the course
of file shrinking (to make it manageable for web consumption).  Despite that
you can tell that Luc's variety has a lot more allophones.

At any rate, both Barbara and Luc did really splendiferous reading jobs,
didn't they?  (They're hired.)  Thanks to both of them.

Meer! Meer! All you Netherlanders and Belgians from various regions and
living all over the globe, your voices are wanted in an effort to
demonstrate the diversity within Standard Dutch alone.

Oh, and *ANY* other translation or reading would be more than welcome.
Where are all those other English varieties for one thing?

You guys aren't off the hook yet as far as the anneriversary presentation is
concerned.  I'll keep hounding and haunting you until you relent and deliver
the goodies.  Don't underestimate me for a second!  I can and will be
persistent till kingdom-come.

Here's the anniversary page:
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/

Here the Standard Dutch page: