LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.09.27 (08) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Sep 28 05:38:26 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 27.SEP.2005 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Folks,

Today's other one and a half gold star goes to our Arend Victorie for power,
performance and patience.

His sound file now accompanies his translation into the Drenthe Low Saxon
dialect of Hoogeveen:
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=dreents-hoogeveen

Nice reading and "acting" job!  Krigst 'n groten dank un 'n barg
kumpelmenten, beste Arend!

Now, folks, don't let perfomances of people like Arend, Hannelore Hinze
(Mecklenburg Low Saxon) and Dan Prohaska (Cornish, still to come) intimidate
you!  They are professional actors, entertainers and other manner of
raggle-taggle traveling folk with whom simple foot soldiers like us cannot
compete.  Never you mind that!

Oh, and I should mention that we have our own male equivalent of
Treckfiedel-Hanne: Franz Firla, who has been spotted with his accordeon in
and around Mülheim.  The picture that goes with his intro is a dead
give-away, even though you can only see the shoulder straps of his
_Treckfiedel_.  And how about that stylish baret?
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=franz

Then there's Dave Singleton with his Northumbrian pipes.  (I'd love to
listen to those.)
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=dave

Well, and last but never ever least, there's Our Lady of the Rafters with
her mandolin (with which she makes me jealous) looking nice and quite the
part of Mirabel, the minstreling spinster of Minster:
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=gabriele

Why, that's enough for a band right there!  I'm sure there's more.

Keep 'em comin', those Anniversary goodies!