LL-L "Lexicon" 2006.04.03 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Apr 3 19:43:10 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 03 April 2006 * Volume 03

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Lexicon" 2006.04.03 (01) [E]

Ja, but 'fascist' is a heavy-laden term, and I certainly don't want to
accuse your colleague who I don't know at all, so I withdrew this.
You know, our fellow Dutch often think that everything that can be said,
should be said, even if it is offensive, thinking it is 'honest', that's
why internationally we've got the reputation of being rude (bot), well,
I don't like that attitude at all, but obviously my Hindustatement was an
example of it, and again I apologize. Apologizing for one's mistakes is a
rare (in Holland) but very good habit, I believe, especially when someone
else expressed his displeasure, as you did.
I think our Belgian "collinguals" (I don't know if that's an existing
word) could be an example for many Dutchmen) - being more modest, polite
and sensitive on the average. I'm happy to be half-Flemish in that respect
(the other half being Low Saxon).
By the way, Marcel, where are you from - do you speak any dialect?
Groeten van Ingmar