LL-L 'History' 2006.07.31 (09) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Aug 1 00:39:27 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 31 July 2006 * Volume 09

From: Tom Mc Rae <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>
Subject: LL-L 'History' 2006.07.31 (03) [E]

On 01/08/2006, at 2:24 AM,
wrote:

> Subject: LL-L 'History' 2006.07.31 (02) [E]
>
>  The KKK's practice of
> burning crosses is an old Scottish custom.

Sorry David but this is far from being correct. it is true that clansmen were
summoned to combat via messengers going from village to village carrying
"THE FIERY CROSS" but this was far from a blazing cruciform. In fact it was
merely a cross made from two sticks with its ends sharpened and charred
in a fire. There is no connection between this ancient custom and the KKK, if
they claim the contrary it is merely another example of their redneck igorance.

Regards
Tom Mc Rae
Brisbane Australia

Oh Wad Some Power the Giftie Gie Us