LL-L 'History' 2006.08.20 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Aug 20 23:35:15 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 20 August 2006 * Volume 01

From: 'jonny' <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L 'History' 2006.08.20 (01) [E]

Hi, Ron,

you wrote:

> Talking about Roma musicians...<

Some days ago you posted a list of favourite musicians/people of "Roman/Sinti"
descendence.

There's one person I think we should mention too: Marianne Rosenberg (born in 1955).
In Germany (I guess nearly the same in the Netherlands and Denmark) she is very
famous for her (more than 30!!! years old) song 'Er gehört zu mir...'.
This flat/trivial love-song, though originally written for 'normal'
hetero-sexuals, became a kind of 'hymn' for the homo-erotic scene and today is
still on air.

I have had the chance to see one or two interviews with Marianne herself and her
father and got very impressed by their description of the family's fate during
the Nazi-times.

BTW: She still is a kind of *super-star* in Germany; I guess she will keep on for
a good period of futural times. Because: her xtr. female voice still is
godlike... (I'm a Metal-freak by myself, but have to appreciate it as a matter of
fact...)

Greutens/Regards

Johannes "Jonny" Meibohm