LL-L 'Celebrations' 2006.08.31 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Aug 31 14:35:29 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 31 August 2006 * Volume 01

From: 'Marcel Bas' [roepstem at hotmail.com]
Subject: LL-L 'Celebrations' 2006.08.30 (01) [E]

Hi Vlad!

You wrote:

> > Thanks to Henry for a great job!
>I thought it was Marcel ;)

Really? I guess that would require A LOT of libations and other Kahunic
ceremonies. No, I've just returned from South Africa, full of impressions and
plans. The weather was disastrous at first (people drowing in floods, houses
severely damaged, but later on the South African winter was like our summer. I've
behaved like a proper Dutchman, made new friends, intensified old friendships,
made new appointments, etc. It was great to be back in Port Elizabeth; people are
so lively, exuberant, not so judgmental, they're spontaneous and sometimes plain
mad there. It must be the climate. I hope I can get used to Holland again.

>Vlad Lee
>PS: Marcel, do you read your mail sometimes?
Nu, koneshno. Did I miss something? In between the jolling and braaiing in Port
Elizabeth I did manage to check my mail twice a week.

Best regards,

Marcel.