LL-L 'Administrativia' 2006.12.07 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 23:26:57 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com
Posting: lowlands at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net
Administration: llowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L * 07 December 2006 * Volume 02

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

While the tech bozos appear to be lost in their own little,
couldn't-care-less world, I've gone ahead and opened a G-Mail account for
List purposes. This is my first try to send a posting from it.  Chances are
it works better than the paid-for account with its capriciousness.

Anyway, here is the address:
Lowlands-L List <lowlands.list at gmail.com>

Unless I tell you otherwise, please also use it for off-list communication
regarding list business.

I have configured the server specifications so as to receive your posting
submissions at this new account if you send i them to the usual server
address: lowlands at listserv.linguistlist.org

Until I tell you to stop, please send second copies of your submissions to
this address (lowlands.list at gmail.com) also.

Please bear in mind that this account has been configured to send messages
in Unicode (UTF-8) encoding mode. You need to set your view mode
accordingly.

Thanks for still bearing with all the technical mess. You've all been very
gracious. I consider you all princes ... and princesses. If you keep up this
good behavior the Grand Kahuna might pay us another visit (in lieu of
Sinterklaas) and award some more fragrant names for list merit.

Yours,