LL-L 'Anniversary' 2006.12.18 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 21:12:34 UTC 2006

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com
 Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.orglowlands.list at gmail.com
 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net
 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L * 17 December 2006 * Volume 01

From: Mike.Szelog at CFGCUSTOMERS.COM

Hello Ron and all,

I've been a bit "out of the loop" of late but have just heard back from
a colleague I had e-mailed quite a while ago asking for a translation. I
have just received it (handwritten - I'm working on typing it up). The
language is Akan (specifically, I believe Fante) spoken in Ghana.

So, another language from Africa (slow but sure).

Will be forwarding it soon.

Mike S.

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/

Hello, Mike!

Great to hear from you again!

You certainly ought not feel too much pressure, considering that you have
already proven yourself as a purveyor extraordinair.

However, another African language sounds great.

This morning our Antero sent me two delicious sound files and I posted them:
Finnish and Stadi.  Thanks, Antero!  I'll get back to you when I get a
relative lull.

More South and Southeast Asian versions are in the offing.

How about some more core Lowlands stuff, folks?

People enjoy the site.  This morning I posted a letter from a visitor from
South Africa, originally from Namibia.  Wouldn't it be great to get a
translation and sound file in Namaqualand Afrikaans as well?