LL-L 'Holidays' 2006.12.30 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 17:39:46 UTC 2006

======================================================================= |
 L O W L A N D S - L * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226 |
 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com |
 Rules & Guidelines: http://www.lowlands-l.net/rules.php |
 Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org - lowlands.list at gmail.com |
 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net |
 Server Manual: http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html |
 Archives: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/lowlands-l.html |
 Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) [Please switch your view mode to it.] |
 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com |

 You have received this because you have been subscribed upon request. |
 To unsubscribe, please send the command "signoff lowlands-l" as message |
 text from the same account to listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or |
 sign off at http://linguistlist.org/subscribing/sub-lowlands-l.html. |

 A=Afrikaans Ap=Appalachian B=Brabantish D=Dutch E=English F=Frisian |
 L=Limburgish LS=Lowlands Saxon (Low German) N=Northumbrian |
 S=Scots Sh=Shetlandic V=(West) Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeeuws) |

L O W L A N D S - L - 30 December 2006 - Volume 02

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Holidays

Dear Lowlanders,

This will reach some of you on the last days of 2006, since I am "behind the
times" here on the North American West Coast.

It's time to say farewell to another year, to hope that the coming year
brings back to the world a little bit of sanity and reason, and to thank you
for your support during these twelve months, especially to those of you who
have done special things for the List.

Please consider helping to keep building our anniversary site (
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/).

Merry Christmas to our Eastern Orthodox Christian friends!

Blessings to the pilgrims on the current Hajj!

Merry New Year's Eve a.k.a. Hogmanay!

Anyone wishing to sing "Auld Lang Syne" with a twist this time is invited to
check this out:
http://www.sassisch.net/auld_lang_syne.htm

If you wish to find out more about the song, please check here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auld_Lang_Syne

And let's not forget that December 31 is Sandy Fleming Day on Lowlands-L!

Happy 50th, Sandy, and many thanks for all your support behind and in front
of the scenes another year!

For those who don't already know this, let me add that Sandy has been with
us and has been going beyond the call for many years.

You ought to check out Sandy's monumental Scots literature collection:
http://www.scotstext.org/

You'll find Sandy's intro here:
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/sandy.php

Oh, and we do need more intros for the anniversary site, folks!  Please send
them to me.  Yes, you may write yours in any language you choose, though a
secondary English version would be nice, and you'd get help with it if you
need it.

Thanks, regards and best wishes!

Reinhard/Ron

 * Please submit postings to lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org. |
 * Postings will be displayed unedited in digest form. |
 * Please display only the relevant parts of quotes in your replies. |
 * Commands for automated functions (including "signoff lowlands-l") |
   are to be sent to listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or at |
   http://linguistlist.org/subscribing/sub-lowlands-l.html. |