LL-L "Language varieties" 2006.02.12 (07) [E/Middelsprake]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Feb 15 00:03:15 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2006.02.12 (01) [E]

Hei Paul
Ja, in MS de word-order is setted fast, lîk as in Engelisch on
Skandinavisch, fordat ig wilde MS to wese lerned mennig analytisch, simpel
on regelmatig, lîk as en "Lingua Franca" motte wese. So alêne frâge geve
inversion. For Diutisch, Nederlandisch, Nedersaksisch on Frisisch
sprekendes de analytisch order is nik en problem, doch de "kontinental"
word-order is mennig swârer for mêst sprekers af Engelisch on
Skandinavisch...

Yes, in MS the word order is fixed, like in English and Scandinavian,
because I wanted MS to be very analytic, simple and regular to be learned
and understood easily, as an "Lingua Franca" should be. So only questions
cause inversion. For speakers of German, Dutch, Low Saxon and Frisian the
analytic order is no problem, but the "continental" word order is a lot
harder for most English and Scandinavians to master...

Ingmar

>Paul Finlow-Bates wrote:
>On the subject of MS Ingmar, is there a particular reason for adopting a
>largely Anglo-Scandinavian word order rather than a more "typical" German
or
>Lowlands one?  It's probably one of the things that give it a certain
>familiarty to me, but paradoxically it also rings a little strange when
I'm