LL-L "Folklore" 2006.01.30 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Jan 29 22:54:46 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 30 January 2006 * Volume 02

From: Heather Rendall <HeatherRendall at compuserve.com>
Subject: LL-L "Phonology" 2006.01.29 (01) [E]

Message text written by INTERNET:lowlands-l at LOWLANDS-L.NET
>that would be bad for the monarchy.<

Not just the monarchy! All of us!

When the ravens leave the Tower, England falls.... taking us all with it!

Heather

;- )

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Folklore

Thanks for clarifying that, Heather.  We couldn't have any of that, now,
could we?  Not with some of our favorite Lowlands members involved at least,
we can't.

Now, is this England only, and does that mean that Wales and Scotland will
not be directly affected?  If so, what would be the status of Cornwall?  Or
does "England" stand for "Britain"?  Or is this whole thing metaphorical for
English sway over her dominions?

Have you checked lately if those ravens are actually still there?  After
all, this thing could be about England becoming just an ordinary member of
the UK and the Commonwealth.  And I'm not so sure that paid (or bribed)
ravens count, and this is what we have now: a regular raven sqad on Her
Majesty's payroll at last count in the summer of 2005:

   Baldrick (m), aged 5 months
   Bran (m), aged 2 years
   Branwen (f), aged 3 years
   Gundulf (m), aged 5 months
   Gwylum (m), aged 17 years
   Hugine (f), aged 10 years
   Munin (f), aged 10 years
   Thor (m), aged 14 years

I've got to confide that I've always had my doubts about those Beefeaters.
Whilst I found them to be fair and even somewhat entertaining tourist
guides, I am not so sure it is wise of us (and this refers to all of us ER
subjects, not only the English ones) to let the fate of the mother ship
depend on that handful of middle-aged fellas in Elizabethan costumes keeping
the ravens attracted to that gloomy and most obviously intensively haunted
place.  I've seen them goof off and generally act inattentively, and I half
suspect that gig of theirs is merely a front, that their real jobs are of a
highly secretive nature.  Mind that they aren't called "Ravenfeeders" but
"Beefeaters."  And who really knows what sort of actual service that stands
for?  I am surprised that they have not been implicated in some conspiracy
theory or other, such as that of the offline US political activist Lyndon
LaRouche who was brave enough to try to expose a worldwide drug-pushing plot
instigated and directed by no less than Henry Kissinger and the Queen, a
most notorious duo indeed.  In fact, one might go as far as suspecting an
outer-space alien connection there.

So, folks, do not turn complacent!  Keep those ravens where they belong!