LL-L "Lexicon" 2006.01.31 (06) [A/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Jan 31 20:59:42 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

31 January 2006 * Volume 06

From: Mark Dreyer <mrdreyer at lantic.net>
Subject: LL-L "Lexicon" 2006.01.30 (07) [A/E]

Dear Ron:

Subject: LL-L "Lexicon"

The 'shrimp paste' touches the raw spot. According to my grandmother's ayah
they dug a hole in the strand just below the high-water mark, lined it with
banana leaves, & filled it with a catch of sardines. The same was closed up
& left for a lunar month, opened & used. There's your blatjang! My eyes are
streaming at the thought.