LL-L 'Delectables' 2006.07.24 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Jul 24 17:41:31 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 24 July 2006 * Volume 05

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L 'Delectables' 2006.07.24 (01) [A/E]

    From: 'Ria Noome'
    Subject: LL-L 'Delectables' 2006.07.21 (02) [E]

    Dear Paul Finlow-Bates
    To reply on the cheese making. We make the most delicious cheeses in the world.
    At our ARC (our agricultural) institute in South Africa in Irene we make
    wonderful cheese and even in the Cape they make wonderful cheese. Try to find out
    where the places are in South Africa where the cheese are made and you will find
    we are one of the best cheese making places in the world.
    ria

Hi Ria,
I used to drive through Irene quite often and never knew about that place! When
was it founded?
I guess my point wasn't so much whether South Africa makes cheese; obviously the
answer is yes. It was more about whether such cheese making goes back to
Afrikaner origins, or if it was a later introduction when South Africa was more
"tamed" so to speak.

Paul Finlow-Bates