LL-L 'History' 2006.07.31 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Jul 31 16:24:35 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 31 July 2006 * Volume 03

From: clarkedavid8 at aol.com
Subject: LL-L 'History' 2006.07.31 (02) [E]

 "On 31/07/2006, at 9:48 AM, Sandy Fleming
> http://scotstext.org/wrote:

> They do seem to parallel the early reports of "Welsh Indians" which, as
>
> I said seem likely to be an attempt by the British to lay prior claim to
>
> the Americas over the Spanish."

It is certainly the case that the Klu Klux Klan and many old-fashioned (white)
inhabitants of the former Confederacy claim Celtic ancestry in general and
descent from Mel Gibson in 'Braveheart' in particular. The KKK's practice of
burning crosses is an old Scottish custom.

David Clarke