LL-L 'Sports' 2006.06.22 (02 [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Jun 22 19:42:14 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 20 June 2006 * Volume 01

From: 'Stellingwerfs Eigen' <info at stellingwerfs-eigen.nl>
Subject: LL-L 'Sports'

Henno wrote:
> What about "klootschieten", played in Twente and neighbouring areas
> And "kolf"

Okay Henno, I know about 'klootschieten' but is it realy LS?
A long time ago also very popular in Fryslân was 'piksmieten' on ice, You
know?
Somewhere around 1950 I saw it played for the last time.
It was played with some coins on a piece of wood (the 'pik').
I play country golf for years (no, I'm not a fanatic) but I never heard
about 'kolf' or the earlier version 'colf'.
Thank You, now I'll never forget. In our area we also know a kind of
'boeregolf'.
It is played with a sort of a wooden shoe (klomp) on a stick and a bucket
(emmer) digged into the ground as a putt.
Another sort of 'wild' golf I know is 'Pitch & Putt' with only par 3 holes.
But Golf also is not realy LS, is it? It should be Dutch (or shall we say...
Scottish?).
Mit een vrundelike groet uut Stellingwarf,
Piet Bult